Garelick Farms, a Dean Foods company, is excited to announce an opening for a Quality Assurance Technician position!
We offer excellent benefits and competitive pay with great growth opportunities!
8:00PM-4:30AM (or Until Finished)
*Additional shift detail will be provided during the interview process.*
Job Description & Requirements
The QA Tech is responsible for efficiently and accurately performing tasks related to the testing of product, setting of samples, and follow-thru on several Quality Assurance programs.
- Familiarity with all applicable equipment and provide quality inspections on all related items.
- Perform of microbiological and chemical testing of finished products, raw materials and associated items as required.
- Involvement in product weight control, antibiotic testing, lab equipment maintenance and calibration and lab sanitation.
- Maintain communication with other departments and employees as to notify them of any problems and/or concerns that may restrict the efficiency of production.
- Complete all required paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Obtain and maintain State certification for antibiotic testing within company guidelines.
- Responsible for adhering to food safety and quality system requirements by committing to meet all pertinent regulatory, customer and SQF requirements
- Maintain communication with other departments, management and employees and notify them of any problems and/or concerns that may restrict the efficiency of production.
- Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format, and completed with required information. Ensure all required information is documented in accordance with SOP’s.
- Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
- Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
- Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area.
- Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- 1 years related experience required
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Experience within the food and beverage industry preferred.
- Has the ability to flavor milk based, sugar based, and caffeine based products.
- Must be able to stand, walk, kneel and bend for virtually the entire shift. Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally including overhead.
- Must be able to work in a wet environment. Exposure to chemicals. May have exposure to eggs, strawberries, milk products and nuts.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends and holidays.
- Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).
Dean Foods considers marijuana (including medical marijuana) to be an illegal drug. Dean Foods will rescind offers of employment to applicants who test positive for marijuana (unless restricted from doing so by state or local law). Dean Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.