About the Company:
Acuity Eyecare Group (AEG) is a rapidly growing community of wholly-owned Optical Retail shops that practice Full-Scope Optometry adjacent to a well-run Dispensary. We are building a collection of top small local Optical Retail businesses primarily OD-owned and integrating them onto the AEG platform. In the process, we maintain the local retail brand, OD staff, Store Associates, Patients/Customers while making investments that enable the team take better care of the patients and customers in their neighborhood. The core purpose that unifies all of our Doctors and Associates is to improve the health of our community by helping our neighbors see better and look their best, one patient at a time.
We believe that to stand out and be number one, we must follow a set of guiding values. Our values include:
PEOPLE FIRST COLLABORATION ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT FOCUS ACCOUNTABILITY
We are assembling an all-star team of experienced industry professionals to help build AEG into the best place to work, shop, invest, and have an outstanding patient experience. To apply, please go to https://www.acuityeyecaregroup.com/careers
About the Opportunity
Opticians are responsible for selling eyewear and eyewear accessories to patients. They ensure patients are fitted with the right-size frames that fit their needs and lifestyle, and dispense lenses with correct prescription and measurements. Opticians are at the heart of our business. Their technical and customer service skills ensure patient satisfaction and repeat business.
Reports to: Store Manager
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
- Delivers extraordinary experience to each and every patient. Provides patients with a complete understanding of our customized recommendations for products and services.
- Develops own clientele from providing outstanding service and obtaining referrals.
- Keeps current on company/industry products and procedures, manufacturer rebates, and types of lenses and frames available.
- Takes and returns patient calls, updating patients on the status of their order and resolving order issues should they arise. Escalates any issues with the Store Manager, as necessary.
- Retrieves patient charts and electronic health records.
- Assists patients in selecting frames, lens type, and lens treatments including tints and coatings; depending on specific patient needs and facial measurements.
- Educates patients on proper eyeglass and contact lens care.
- Collect eye and face measurements to ensure proper fit.
- Interprets prescriptions written by optometrist and ophthalmologist.
- Creates work orders for lab technicians, specifying information on lenses needed.
- Follows-up on all pending orders. Verifies all orders are within the time guidelines given and informs patients of status if delays occur. Notifies patient when orders arrive from lab/manufacturer
- Dispenses glasses by inspecting the product, checking for proper fit, adjusting if necessary, and asking for feedback.
- Adjusts eyewear to ensure visual acuity, proper fit, and patient comfort. Using various tools, performs eyewear adjustments and repairs.
- Proficient in using tools such as pupilometers, PD Sticks, lensometers, pliers, wrenches, frame warmers, etc.
- Regularly communicates with technicians and/or store managers, providing additional patient information, or asking for an order status.
- Inspects the final product ensuring there are no flaws; Cleans and polishes lenses using cloths and solvents.
- Cleans and organizes frame boards, displays, mirrors, work bench, office area, bathroom, and break-room, maintaining overall cleanliness and visual appeal of the store.
- Restocks retail boards with new merchandise.
- Understands product issues and analyzes any problems. Thoroughly and accurately answers patients questions regarding insurance, warranty, products, materials, services, pricing, upgrades, promotions, etc.
- Collaborates with technicians, front desk associates, Managers, and Optometrist.
- Sells miscellaneous products such as cleaners, contact lens supply, sunglasses, safety glasses, etc.
- High School Diploma
- Minimum of one year experience working as an Optician strongly preferred
- Experience with HIPAA requirements preferred
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent customer service skills and pleasant demeanor, experience with sales preferred
- Manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination
- Dependability and punctuality
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs, bend, kneel, and stand up to 8 hrs a day
- Competitive base pay and commission program
- Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Life, STD, LTD, Basic Life, Voluntary
- Matching 401k