NOTE: You must submit a cover letter to be considered for this position.
Precision Alchemy is a cannabis extraction company located in Portland, OR. We are looking for a passionate and professional individual to fill the role of cannabis oil extraction technician. This individual will work in our facility to produce high-quality cannabis products using sophisticated equipment. Successful candidates will be extremely motivated, professional, have strong computer & social skills, and be a team player. If you seek a fast-paced work environment in a small, growing company with a tight-knit team, then we want to hear from you.
- Preparing equipment and plant materials for extraction.
- Operating highly sophisticated extraction equipment.
- Processing concentrates and extracts
- Cleaning and maintaining extraction equipment and laboratory facility.
- Maintaining strict inventory records of all plant materials, chemicals and equipment used in the laboratory.
- Operating, maintaining, and making adjustments and repairs to laboratory equipment such as pumps, microscopes, balances, and distillation apparatuses.
- Maintaining inventory records of supplies, materials, and equipment, and preparing requisitions as needed.
- Prepare chemical extracts and dilutions to specifications.
- Storing supplies and equipment, disposing of waste according to guidelines; keeping laboratory immaculate.
- Washing and sterilizing laboratory glassware.
- Performing clerical work related to laboratory activities: record keeping, filing, and answering telephone inquiries.
- Maintaining material safety data sheets for all department chemicals and products.
- Performing related duties as assigned.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- A minimum of two years paid experience working in a laboratory environment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree preferred but not required.
- Cannabis oil extraction and refinement experience preferred but not required.
Preferred Skills & Background:
- Carpentry and/or handyman expertise is highly desired.
- Knowledge/understanding of federal and local laws, and regular updates to these.
- Principles of biochemistry, organic and inorganic chemistry.
- Scientific laboratory procedures and techniques as used in a chemistry laboratory.
- Scientific laboratory equipment and apparatuses.
- Scientific methods of measurements.
- Health and safety practices applicable to a chemistry laboratory.
- Proper and safe handling and disposal of harmful chemicals, substances, and hazardous wastes.
- Record keeping procedures.
- Full-time, hourly DOE
- Medical, dental, holidays, PTO, sick days.
An OLCC permit is required before starting. Please apply here: http://www.oregon.gov/olcc/marijuana/Pages/mjworkerpermit.aspx